Sometimes I think I am too much of an open book. I wear my heart on my sleeve, tell people my every thought and am a massive oversharerer. I sometimes try to be more mysterious and contained but I last an hour at the most. I’m too much of a chatterbox to be stifled.
Nevertheless here are some things you probably didn’t know about me.
- Being a jeweller was never my plan or ambition. I’ve wanted to do many things from being a ballerina (too clumsy) to a truck driver (diesel fumes give me headaches) but being a jeweller was never my goal. It began as a hobby to distract me from a job I hated and I just slipped into selling my work and it went from there. Now it’s not just my plan, but my DREAM job.
- I once delivered a lamb in the middle of the moors when it’s mother got into trouble. I only had drinking water with me so spent much of the day smelling like sheep as my hands and arms were covered! Ewe and lamb were healthy and trotted off after a hairy hour or so.
- I hate hot custard.
- I’ve broken 3 bones falling up and down stairs (on different occasions (see, I said I was clumsy)).
- I love to make anything with my hands, I knit, sew and crochet, I bake elaborate cakes and love to learn how to make anything 3 dimensional. Which brings me to….
- I absolutely cannot draw or paint. It makes sketching designs pretty embarrassing.
- I studied film at university but I actually was on a broadcasting course and switched on induction day!
- I once met a black bear in the middle of the woods in rural Pennsylvania at night. Long story short, he stood on his hind legs, I backed away s l o w l y and all was well. Quite a shock though!
- When I see snails on the pavement in the rain I like to move them so they don’t get squished.
- I was a child actor.
- I have zero sense of direction, in fact I often direct people the opposite way unintentionally (why my husband still asks me how to get somewhere I’ll never know).
- My husband and I spent our first six dates either falling in rivers or cut off by the sea until he refused to go anywhere near water with me for the next date. Turns out I can’t guess the tide times.